I wonder, is there anyone out there who doesn’t love cookies? I often say – cookies are good for the soul because eating them will make you feel good. There is no dessert that comes in more shapes, sizes, flavors and textures than cookies.
I’m a big cookie lover. I love searching for recipes, experimenting and I find making them is just fun. It also relaxes me. But what if you feel lazy and don’t want to bake but still crave for some good cookies? Well then, I might just have perfect recipe for you.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll love these cookies. You just need few ingredients and 15 minutes to make them. Simple as that. Try them..you won’t regret it. They are sweet, simple, quick and just a perfect lazy day dessert.
No baking, no heating the oven. Just simple but delicious no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies.
– 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
– 3 cups oats
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup butter
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 cups sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1. Mix together the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. It doesn’t have to be perfectly mixed because it will all come together in a pot.
2. Heat the milk and butter in a pan over medium-high heat, until the butter is melted. Whisk in the sugar, salt, and cocoa until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook for 2 minutes, until you see large bubbles, stirring often.
3. Stir in the peanut butter and oat mixture, and continue cooking for 1 minute longer, stirring constantnly (until the mixture is still fluid but starting to hold a shape).
4. Remove from the heat (but leave the pot near to keep the mixture warm). Scoop the mixture with the spoon, and drop onto wax paper or aluminum foil. Allow to cool and become firm.
5. You can store your cookies in an airtight container for up to one week (but, they won’t last that long because they are so delicious).
* You’ll get around 35-40 cookies from this mixture.
Enjoy and let me know what you think when you make them yourself.